Saturday, November 5, 2016

Election? What Election?

I know. We want to hide until it's over. And I don't trust anyone who says they actually like one of the choices. This stinks.

But you knew you could count on my two cents, right? Because I am eminently awesome at making decisions . . . . okay, not so much. But I will give you my thoughts, because I don't know what else to do with them!

First, there is no point whatsoever in asking how the bleep we got here. And there is no chance a third party candidate will actually win, so no fair voting for one. Please, no eeny, meeny in the voting booth and no staying home. Read the title of this blog over and over if you need to:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Okay. So, as between the two actual contenders, which one has strong character? Trick question. Neither of the above. Both are deeply, publicly flawed.

Here is my approach: Forget who they are.  Yes - I actually said that!

What kind of America do you want for your kids and your grandkids? 

And, what candidate has made commitments that line up with that vision on the issues you care most about?

If you need to, rank some issues that matter to you. A few thoughts in random order -

Jobs

Healthcare

Terrorism

Military and veterans

Immigration

First Amendment

Second Amendment

Court appointments

You will have others. Okay - more than enough to think about.

Finally, a cheery fact to remember as you head to the polls (heh-heh):

NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO WE VOTED FOR!!! 


(Please don't tell me Julian Assange will know - I can't stand it!!)

Anonymity! Empowering all of us! Forget the pollsters, the pundits, the late-night talk shows, your friends, your mother-in-law, the media, the signs in your neighbors' yards, Facebook, and the so-called experts.

Remember who you are, and what matters to you.

Be fearless in that voting booth!

And never forget that God can use ANYONE for good.  Even Hillary. Even Donald.

This Tuesday, He will use you and me..





1 comment: